When she was in power, Margaret Thatcher survived on only 4 hours of sleep. She was probably up in the early hours of the morning getting in all manner of activates whilst the rest of her cabinet where still in the land of nod.
However, for most of us 7+ hours of luscious sleep is a necessity. In the interests of savouring those extra special minutes in bed, a full healthy breakfast at home is something that many are willing toforgo.
Recent statistics suggest that a whopping 40% of us miss out on a proper breakfast due to over sleeping. Instead we are opting for stodgy pasties and pastries and ‘healthy’ bars jammed packed with sugar to quash mid morning hunger pangs. Not the best way to prepare yourself for a hard days work.
However there are a range of healthy, filling breakfasts that can be created in the office kitchen in 5 minutes or less
- So easy it doesn’t need an explanation
40 Second Eggs
- Crack your egg into a microwavable mug or small bowl
- Add salt and paper if required
- Cover the mug or small bowl with cling film – make sure it is airtight
- Place in the microwave and zap of full power for 40 seconds
- Slide out of the mug and serve with a slice of toast for a well balance breakfast
Yoghurt and Fruit
- Possibly the quickest breakfast there is.
- Pour a bit of yoghurt in a bowl
- Top with fruits, add a handful of nuts if you fancy some crunch and you’re done.
- Place two slices of the bread in the toaster and toast
- Slice some cheese and place between the slices of bread
- Put in the microwave for 30 seconds (no more or you’ll be left with soggy bread).
- If you want an extra health kick – add a few slices of tomato.